All the activities are directed to fulfill our mission that is "To facilitate Physical, Moral, Social and Academic development of children,
enabling them to become conscientious & contributing human beings
who will make world a better place.
EVERY CHILD BELONGS TO A FAMILY AND GROW WITH LOVE RESPECT AND SECURITY.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF HERMANN GMEINER SCHOOL JAMMU
• Inter-house Hindi Poem recitation competition for C1 and C2 category on Thursday (07.05.2020) was nicely held on zoom. All participants from each category and each house participated and some teachers were connected including judges. Parents and students enjoyed the activity.
• An online biggest dance competition was held on 07.05.2020 organized by BURN A TON. 25 participants from the SOS HGS JAMMU had participated.
• An inter-house online (live demonstration) activity on the topic “survival measures during COVID-19 pandemic” for C2 category was held on 15.05.2020 on zoom.
• An online essay and painting competition on the theme” Our Solution are in nature” and topic “SAFEGUARDING JAMMU AND KASHMIR BIODIVERSITY-WAKE UP CALL IN PREVAILING PANDEMIC CRISIS “organized by Jammu and Kashmir Forest Research Institute Government of Jammu and Kashmir (UT) was held from 19.05.2020 to 21.05.2020. 19 students in essay competition and 06 students in painting competition were participated from school.
• An online poster and painting design competition on the theme” COVID 19” was held during week. Students from class VI to X were participated.
• An inter-house online English Debate competition on the topic” Lockdown is mandatory during corona period” for C3 category was held on Friday (22.05.2020).
• An inter-house online English Debate competition on the topic” Effect of lockdown on student's life” for C4 category was held on Thursday 28.05.2020.
• An inter-house Bhakti song competition for C1 and C2 categories was held on Thursday 04/06/2020.
• Inter house poster making competition on the topic “Environment Change “was held on 05/06/2020(Friday).
• An inter-house “Online plantation demonstration activity” for C1 category was held on Thursday (23.07.2020) and for C2 category was held today (24.07.2020). Students planted the sapling with some dialogues.
• An inter-house “Online plantation demonstration activity” for C1 category was held on Thursday (24.07.2020). Students and teachers participated the activity enthusiastically.
• SOS HGS, Jammu celebrated the 74th Independence Day by the customary hoisting of the National Flag and a speech by the principal Mr.R K Dhar. Every class teacher conducted national anthem ceremony virtually on various platforms such as WebEx, zoom and google meet. The activity group also shared a video on the YouTube channel and uploaded the photos on Facebook.
• On August 12, 2020, SOS HGS, Jammu organized a virtual celebration of Janmashtami, which flowered into a grand success, owing to the zealous participation of students and teachers. A colorful dance performance by students dressed up as Krishna and gopikas added to the delight. The activity group also shared the videos and photos on Facebook.
• Students participated in various activities such as rakhi making in their online classes to celebrate RakshaBandhan on 01.08.2020. Colorfulrakhis were made in class under the guidance of their teachers and parents. Children enthusiastically participated in the activity. The activity group also shared the videos and photos on Facebook.
• Students celebrated Ganesh Chaturthi virtually. Students enjoyed the day with their families by chanting hymns, drawing, painting, and narrating stories based on the theme of the day. On the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, students expressed their devotion to Lord Ganesha. Principal appreciated the joint efforts of students, teachers, and parents. The activity group also shared a video on the youtube channel and uploaded the photos on Facebook.
• Dancing superstar conducted in July and result was declared on 1st of august. 9 students gotselected from junior and senior category for grand finale after selection in first and second round.
• Korean Essay writing competition was held online in which 40 students from class (VI to XII) of school participated and submitted their essays via email.
• SOS HGS, Jammu celebrated the teacher’s day on 5th September, 2020.PrincipalMr. R K Dhar addressed the students and staff by audio message. He expressed his views on importance of student teacher relationship and positive learning environment for the students. Class teachers with students celebrated the activityvirtually on zoom and google meet. The students participated enthusiastically in various activities like speeches, dances etc. Photos and videos are also shared on YouTube channel.
• An inter-house “online Hindi debate competitionfor C4 category was held on 16.09.2020 on google meet. Two students from each house had participated. Photos and videos are also shared on YouTube channel.
• Gandhi Jayanti was celebrated on October 7, 2020 virtual platform in which children presented speeches, Dances, Skitson virtual platform
Learning is not a process limited to school and college only, nor does it end with the conclusion of one’s school career. It is indeed a lifelong process. HGS Jammu is oriented to the total formation of child and to adopting of various methods suiting to the dynamics of changing world in order to achieve common goals and objectives. It is further characterized by shared vision and responsibility in order to achieve these goals. Today we live in a world that is very different from the one we grew up in, the one we were educated in. The world today is changing at such an accelerated rate and we as educators need to pause and reflect on this entire system of education. Are our schools well equipped to prepare our children to face the changes that the future holds? Questions such as these are factors that motivate us to grow through a continuous process of reflection and hence we at Hermann Gmeiner School, Jammu work at implementing a well balanced curriculum to ensure that the children who walk into the portals of our school will not just love their school years but truly be prepared to face life’s challenges.
It has been our endeavor not only to help our students excel in academics but also to nurture their latent talents in tune with the changing value systems, the idea of globalization, fast developing technology and new life style, we strive to discover the hidden potential and capabilities of our students. Our emphasis is on curricular transaction through modern methodology; we encourage them to participate in Co-curricular activities too and many of them have brought laurels to the institution at the state, National and international level.
The Parents have the special role in moulding the future of children the consistent support of parents empowers our team to work more enthusiastically through the collective effort and commitment. I am sure that the students of HGS Jammu will grow more stronger day by day to contribute for the development of the society. With the rewarding track record of achievement in education and co curricular activities. Our team is fully motivated to move forward with confidence and pride.
HERMANN GMEINER SCHOOL
Gole Gujral,Talab Tillo Jammu- 180002
Jammu & Kashmir, India
Copyright © 2015, SOS Hermann Gmeiner School JAMMU
Powered by ValleSoft