SOS HGS School Jammu is one of the chain of Intl’ SOS schools spread all over the world, providing quality & meaningful education to children in the atmosphere of freedom social unity , helping create a whole human being & a citizen for a highly dynamic & competitive society . It is community project of SOS Children's Villages India.
The Foundation Stone of SOS HGS Jammu was Laid by His Excellency G.C. Saxena, the then Governor, J&K State & Padamshri Late Shri J.N. Koul then President SOS Children's Villages India on 17th Apr,2000. This is a Co-Educational Eng Medium School affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi. Since its inception in the year 2001 the school always has been advancing fast on the path of development very firmly & progressively.
The architecture of the building is a virtual treat, & feast to the eyes of the visitors. It is spread over 16 acres with a Lush Green & pollution free environment located near Revenue Complex, Gol Gujral, Talab Tillo, Jammu. The School is established to cater to the needs of SOS Children's Villages of India & to provide quality education to the children of Jammu. The School aims at the all round development of Child in a pursuit of “Know thyself” Providing him or her with various innovative & exciting experiences.
Aims & Objectives
- To provide Conducive Environment for the child’s Personality development.
- To develop the feelings of National Integrity in a free secular Environment.
- To recognize & to encourage Talents of all Kind.
- To faster and appreciate the creative skills.
- Stress is given to develop the use of Eng & Hindi languages so that they fully enjoy the process of Communication.
- To Encourage students to be cooperative & responsible so that they exercise their individual judgment.
- Inculcating human values to develop a positive approach.
- To keep regular check on the Students attitude, hygiene, habits etc by maintaing proper coordination with the parents.
- To develop self confidence & logical scientific temperament with an adventurous approach among the students.
- To guide the students through a system beyond pure academic achievement into development of total personality.
“A Loving Home for every Child” Mission of SOS CVI is a bring home to a child who has been deprived of the natural order of the family & help him/her to attain full growth as a decent human being in condition like that of a natural family.
To provide quality education to Children of SOS CVI Jammu along with main stream Children of Jammu
School Tagline "Yogah Karmasu Koushalam"